Thursday, October 1, 2015

"A family is a place where principles are hammered and honed on the anvil of everyday living." - Charles R. Swindoll

Well another low key day in the land of Oz. More sun - what can I say? After a short walk this morning, I made biscuits (or scones if you are Australian). Biscuits are cookies. We are learning a new language while here. The girls correct me if I call their shoe cubbies their bins - bins are for garbage. Sometimes they look at me with this questioning stare wondering what I am talking about. It's quite funny. Working with a propane stove was a new experience, but we found a recipe for Mary Berry's very best scones and they tasted great with creamed salmon on them for our lunch. If you don't know who Mary Berry is, you need to watch "The Great British Bake Off" - awesome show!! I am looking forward to catching up on season 6 when I get home.

 Katie and Grammie having a look at Mary Berry's cookbook.

 Eden found a feather that she wanted changed into a pen. Grampie came through with his creativeness and Eden spent about an hour 'painting' pictures.

 And in the middle of this cuteness, we have the famous Australian redback spider - not so cute. (Lego piece for scale.)

 After supper bike ride, to get the girls tired out before bed. It worked!!

Eden is a pro on her two wheels!!

A good family day, still trying to adjust to the time change, but I think we're almost there. Looking forward to another adventure tomorrow, so stay tuned. Hopefully we will get to meet some kinder Australian wildlife??

No comments:

Post a Comment