Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!


This is a photo of my beautiful family - I am so very proud of all of you and your accomplishments. Your lives speak much and your influence as lights shining in this world is so encouraging to me as a mom. Keep on leaning on the One who is in control of our lives. He will never let you down. "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord,"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." 
I am spending a relaxing Sunday listening to Lindsay's music from her blog and enjoying the song 'Fire on the Mountain' - thank-you for introducing me to Asa's music. Very thought provoking. The girls headed off to Moncton on Friday to Springforth (an annual youth conference). They were very excited about going and I was looking forward to some alone time with my husband. I had pre-purchased tickets to the new Star Trek movie and not being a trekkie fan, really didn't have any great expectations, but was pleasantly surprised (although I think Andrew enjoyed it more and got more of the jokes!). On Saturday we started out doing some work on our room, to try and get some more order around here, but then made a quick last minute decision to go to Halifax and pick up some more things for our much anticipated trip to the UK in June. We also took a little side trip out to Purcell's Cove Road where that devastating fire was last week. I had never been out that way and some of the homes in that area are very impressive. My prayers go out to those families who lost everything. The girls arrived home late last night and Sarah had spent most of the weekend sick, with some of the symptoms of swine flu, but not all, so am watching her carefully and thinking that she likely has just picked up a basic flu due to lack of sleep and close sleeping quarters at the conference. I will go and get her tested if things seem to be getting worse. She also managed to slice the end off of her baby toe (flip flops not a good choice of footwear!). All in all, it wasn't a very good weekend for her, although she did say the speaker was excellent. A busy week coming up, job review, lots of 'Wizard of Oz' practices, the Thomson/MacDonald wedding ....
  

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Mom! You are an amazing mom, I hope you had a wonderful Mother's day. Hope your busy week goes smoothly. Lots of love. xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Pamela! I hope I get to see the star trek movie when I'm home...I didn't even know there was a new one!

    ReplyDelete