Tuesday, June 2, 2009

We're Here!!

Here we are in London town! After a very long night of flying - the flight attendants seemed to think we needed a midnight snack and all I wanted to do was try and get some sleep! Anyway, we were awakened at 3:30 am to see if we would like pancakes or an omelet for breakfast! We very groggily ate our omelets and then we descended into Heathrow Airport. We got through customs without any problem and then made our way to the underground (tube), purchased our Oyster card and figured out which tube to take to get to our hotel - I am glad Andrew was with me - I think I have my mother’s sense of direction and seemed to get turned around constantly. It doesn’t help when all the traffic is going the ‘wrong’ way.  

It was a very warm and sunny day in London, so we decided to take advantage of the weather and headed off to Kew Gardens. What a beautiful green space - 326 acres of well groomed gardens, glass houses, exotic plants, ancient trees - Andrew was getting a glimpse of his ‘heaven’! After 5 hours of walking the grounds, we dragged our weary bodies back to the hotel, very exhausted and just crashed for a couple of hours - we were so tired, after having not slept all night! We then decided to take another stroll up to Kensington Gardens and Kensington Palace and have just finished eating (9 pm) and are ready to call it a day (a very long one!) This picture is of me in front of the Palm House in Kew Gardens. Here are some more shots from Kew.
The first picture is of us in front of one of those ancient trees (Quercus hispanicus). Anna, the middle picture is part of a wall. There was a statue of a unicorn on top of a door - thought your imagination could come up with a cool story about that! The last picture is me walking toward a pagoda - we were getting pretty tired at this point. I will post again tonight and update you on our adventures today.
Love you all!









3 comments:

  1. Wow, what a full day! It looks beautiful there. I hope you had a good rest last night. Thanks for posting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Mom, it's gorgeous! I laughed when reading about your sense of direction, I'm exactly the same way. I can't imagine being in a place where the traffic is going the opposite way, I'd be lost in about two seconds! Glad you guys are keeping busy and having fun!
    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is Anna.
    I proably could come up with an awesome story:D

    ReplyDelete