Thursday, September 20, 2018

"It's a mausey day." (a foggy, wet day)

Another adventure has begun with my guy, this time to Canada's easternmost province, Newfoundland. I have never been here, so I anticipate learning about and experiencing the culture here. It was an early rise at 4 am, but when I'm headed to an airport, no hour is too early.

Sunrise at Halifax International Airport as we wait to board our flight.

I could not figure out why, when I took this picture from the window of the plane the propellors seemed to stop, very strange.

From the top of the iconic Signal Hill. Very wet, cloudy, a bit foggy and mostly chilly. We may have to find a place to purchase mitts, scarves and toques tomorrow.

A long way to Europe.....

An indication of the wind atop Signal Hill, showing off my new Ragmaw bag. It's so lovely.

 Tucked away in an alley, our evening dining took us to "The Duke of Duckworth", a replication of a typical English pub and the best fish (even though it was cod!).

 The Duke is very comparable to a fine English pub, including serving Guinness on tap and showing rugby on the screens. 

We are going to try and keep you updated as we travel through this beautiful province, mostly through photos. Looking forward to a little sunnier weather tomorrow!!


1 comment: